Fannie Lou Hamer's Life



Sunday, December 4, 2011

Journal 15


            I believe that being a positive representation of the female black community is perhaps the most unique and significant quality that I can offer to a college campus. Being a black American, I am a victim of multiple stereotypes, and believe that I am a positive influence to not only black women everywhere, but also to those outside the black community. I also represent the Latin community because I am half Mexican. These are two minorities that I feel passionate about and motivate me to be successful.
            Having a positive black presence on campus is something few can offer, particularly a black female, and no college applicant who had a higher high school grade point average than me or twice as many community service hours can take my unique race away from me.
            I am a strong, young biracial woman, who feels that I have something to offer that many people cannot measure up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment