Fannie Lou Hamer's Life



Sunday, December 4, 2011

Journal 13

  
Dear Roomie,
    My name is Olivia Christine Moore, and I am very excited to get to know you over the course of the next year.
    I am from El Centro, California, a small farming town in the desert about 120 miles east of San Diego, California. There I graduated from Imperial High School, where I played volleyball, basketball, and threw shot-put. I was very active in high school, and hope to continue to be in college. I have two brothers, Nicholas and Myles, and a huge extended family. My parents are both the youngest of eight children. My dad is African-American and my mom is Mexican-American. Having such a large family makes me very family-oriented. Some of my best memories are family vacations in Rosarito, Mexico as well as holiday gatherings.
    When I’m not studying I enjoy shopping, especially online, and reading in my spare time. Some of my favorite authors are Maya Angelou, Nicholas Sparks, and Laurie Halse Anderson. I’m also a big fan of the Harry Potter series, both the books and the movies.
    Others would characterize me as dramatic, talkative, and easy-going; I also love to meet new people, so I hope we can get to know each other and become good friends. 

                            Sincerely,
                            Olivia Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment